Nick Nye is the new Lead Pastor for Apostles Union Square in New York City. Nick holds a B.A. in World Religion and a Masters in Divinity. He holds certifications in coaching and coaches church leaders around the world.
He is married to Brittany and has four children: Viola, Charlotte, Simone, and Elliott.
ABOUT THIS BLOG
NickNye.com was once a site for my music with awesome 90-00’s rocker stance pictures and angsty rock and roll tunes made in various garages across the midwest. It launched eons ago to promote my music, but the winds have changed and my music “career” turned into building the Nye Family Band and Jesus’ church. Now, you can expect high octane power ballad lyrical blog posts (bad grammar and all) from NickNye.com.
Here is what to expect…
- Sermon Survey: I will try to summarize my sermons and survey the delivery for strengths and the old ‘what I wish I would have said’ bit that might help you work through in small groups. I’ll also link resources that might be helpful to understand it’s content.
- Leadership Systems: Coaching is an important part of my ministry. I have coached and trained church planters, missionaries and the ‘regular joe’ in ministry. Over the years I have developed systems and templets that I hope can aid in a stronger church.
- Cultural Synopsis: Thinking through how we respond to various aspect of culture is important for Christians. Politics, news, controversies of all types and of course music will all be issues to give my synopsis to.
- Theological Schema: The bible, the church, the gospel—just to name a few—are theological schema that we all can think about and I intend on writing about.
Here are the bad things about my blog that you will simply have to get over and promise to uphold.
- Grammar Nerds: Jack Kerouac inspires me with these words, “Man, wow, there’s so many things to do, so many things to write! How to even begin to get it all down and without modified restraints and all hung-up on like literary inhibitions and grammatical fears…” I am bound to make error, after, comma error, but, get, over; it.!
- Theological Nerds: I cannot help but see the giant heads with tiny little hearts and hands walking the churches these days. So I have no doubt that the theology nerds will be on high alert and warn me of error. I hope to engage in big issues and I also hope that biblical and healthy exchanges take place. Be wise with your rebuke or attempted rebukes.
Please enjoy the site and share it with others if it is a help to you.